What We Can Do for You
We diagnose and treat musculoskeletal conditions. This means injuries and problems to do with joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and related nerves.
We commonly treat:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Headaches (most of the common forms of headache including tension and migraine)
- Sports injuries
- Injuries in car accidents
- Sciatica; and
- Pain and stiffness of arthritis
- Chiropractic joint manipulation techniques – Diversified; Gonstead; Thompson drop-piece; Activator; Biomechanical Blocking
- Myotherapy/Massage techniques – Therapeutic massage; trigger point therapy; vibration; cross-friction massage; PNF (Proprioceptive Neural Facilitation, a form of practitioner-assisted stretching)
- Exercise techniques – Stretching exercise; Strengthening exercise; Rehabilitative exercises
- Physical therapeutics – Ice packs; heat packs; Ultrasound therapy; Braces and supports
- Other measures – Advice on posture, ergonomics and lifestyle
- Bedwetting, middle-ear infections, autism or other medical conditions in babies and children
- Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis or other neuro-degenerative conditions
- Spinal pain due to cancer, infection, gall stones or similar medical/surgical conditions
- Medicare pays for up to 5 chiropractic visits per year when referred by your GP. (Please note: You need to bring your Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral with your GP’s signature with you to your first visit.)
- We are Medibank Private Members Choice Preferred Providers. Discounted rates apply for Medibank members. But we also accept patients from all health insurance companies.
- Health insurance funds cover chiropractic consultations under “extras cover”. We also provide a HICAPS facility so that your health claim can be processed electronically on the spot. The gap can be paid in cash, or by credit card or EFTPOS.
- Concession rates apply to pensioners, students and Health Care Card holders.
- WorkSafe and TAC cover chiropractic services and do not need medical referral.
- Veterans’ Affairs patients are covered and need medical referral.
At our clinic, the treatment is tailored to suit your condition. The techniques that are used, the frequency of the visits, the combination of treatments and the advice that is given all depend on your condition and, as much as possible, your lifestyle and preferences. For example, if you have a recent injury to your back and you are in a lot of pain and your spine is found to be inflamed, then you are likely to be treated with gentle chiropractic techniques for a few visits and advised to reduce activity and use an ice-pack at home to settle the condition in the first instance. If the pain continues, then stronger techniques of joint manipulation may be used together with massage and appropriate exercises that you can do at home or at the gym to help your recovery.
We devise your treatments from the following techniques:
We DO NOT treat:
We refer people with these conditions back to their GP for appropriate treatment or specialist referral.